Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is who I was meant to be...

lol. So the title sounds so like I've figured out life. lol. yeah right. That's all God definitely not all me. But I do feel like I'm learning a ton these days about everything. And I end up frustrated a lot of the time because as fast I'm learning I don't have any time to really study or dig in cause I run around like a crazy person. But I did have a bit of an epiphany today. We had our Pre-UIL contest this morning and the kiddos played well. Unfortunately it was not well received by some people and I was feeling kinda down. So I was just frazzled and my mind was spinning like a record faster than I knew what do with. I tried to go shopping with a good friend and it wasn't helping. I just wanted to go home or practice or just wallow in my pity party. Instead I headed to a concert and that's when it hit me. By the end of the concert I was calm. Like I still wasn't happy about what happened but it reaffirmed my decision to have a career in music. There are few things in this life that get me more excited than music. They would be God, my family and my friends. There you have it. My top 4 most important things in my life: 1. God 2. Family 3. Friends 4. Learning about, playing, listening to, or teaching music.

Anybody that knows me pretty well as seen me turn into an absolute nerd talking about how amazing I think music is. Like I get so excited talking about it that people usually just smile and let me sit there and talk. I think they're just amused to see me just getting so absurdly excited about playing music. Seriously Kelly? Yep that's me :)

Sometimes I'm not sure anymore what that career in music should look like or what it's going to look like. But God is in control and I'm resting in that! He's been teaching me sooo much and I'm so excited! I know that I'm in the place I'm at in my life because there's something that I'm supposed to learn here. God is good all the time....All the time God is good!!

No comments: