Saturday, December 13, 2008

They Don't Have White Christmases in Houston...or do they?

lol. So we sure did have snow on Wednesday night here in Houston. I was so excited that even though I was excited after our school Christmas party I drove to the south side of town to buy my mom's Christmas present at Borders. So fun to drive in the chilly weather with the heat firing out in my car and listening to KSBJ Christmas music blasting from my car stereo. So of course I stayed up way too late and then got up way too early and went to school and the Beth Moore Christmas program thing at the Berry Center with Abi and Julianne from school. It was good times...Beth Moore is an awesome speaker. Friday I was so freakin' tired and still had to drive down to Stratford HS to judge HS Region Band. It was like the last thing in the world I wanted to do but I did my best judging the first round of French Horns. Then I went home and stayed up until book fell over while I was reading. Got up around 7:30 and left my place around 8:30 to go judge some more. It was a long day of judging. So I judged a total of four times this week. Flute Phase 1 on Monday night (somebody kill me before I do something like that again), Alto Sax Phase 2 and Tenor Sax Saturday morning and early afternoon. And last but not least I had the tragic experience of judging Freshman trumpets Saturday late afternoon. Bless their heart, those trumpets tried I think but they were a bit on the rough side. On a better note, Matthew, a private student of mine from last year at Watkins made Freshman Region. I was super excited to hear that even though he did admit to being the worst player of the chromatic scale. Silly child. After that I headed on over to the Ignite Christmas party which was and entertaining and then finally home to my bed where I'm sitting right now. Yay for laptops and clean sheets :)

Things I've learned this week:

~If you ask God to help you have a better attitude and you let him take your's over for you and change it life is better.

~Sometimes people are mean and it sucks. Deal with it...it's life.

~Kids are going to be irresponsible but it's my job to try and change that in them. <--Still trying to figure out how to teach them to be responsible.

~God is good all the time....All the time God is good.

~God loves me even when I'm just an awful human being and I just can't do it anymore. He does it for me then :)

~Sometimes no matter how much you practice something middle school flutes will still get nervous (and CONFUSED) and not play their soli in Atlantis.

~God hasn't given me a guy in my life because I don't know what I want right now and I wouldn't know what to do with that situation. <--Not a safe statement though because sometimes God throws your life into a tailspin so that you'll trust Him because you can't figure it all out on your own.

~I LOVE playing my instrument and I'm DETERMINED to learn to play it at a ridiculously high level.

~I really love Houston and don't want to leave here just yet :)

~I have got to learn how to manage my time and my personal life better because I'm running around so crazy busy that I don't even have time to pick up anything that's been on the floor for many days.

and last but not least....JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!

1 comment:

aggie_bibliophile said...

Glad to see you're posting again. I am too as of yesterday. Have a wonderful Christmas.